Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Sunday

I'm preparing the home my parents spent their retirement in... for rental.
Oh my goodness, they saved most everything, a daunting and emotional task sorting through it all.
Some will go to local charity thrift stores and animal shelters, some to the local historical society, and some to a project to preserve information about World War 2 and its veterans.
My wonderful friend Sharon was kind enough to help me with that today and I am so grateful for all the kindness she has shown me.
She and I visited my mother in the memory unit. "Memory unit" is a misnomer in that those who reside there are largely devoid of memory in varying degrees. My lovely mother Rebecca, hasn't recognized me for some time now, however, I recognize her, bring her flowers, kiss her forehead, hold her hand when she lets me... and I tell her I love her.

Tight lines and good fishing...

No comments:

Post a Comment